Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Gift of Love

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. (John 15:13, NKJV)

Sin caused men to be 'handicapped' in love; while God Himself is love. Because of sin men fell from the glory of God. The image of God in men is marred.

Jesus Christ restored the value and true definition of love while demonstrating it in perfection for us. Men tend to love something or someone that has the capacity to reciprocate the love. But when I couldn't sleep soundly when our pet dog fell ill, or when without realizing it I closely observed the veterinarian when he examined our dog, I began to understand this one thing.

That I care about the health and well-being of our dog, just like I care about the health and well-being of my family. More than just a mere responsibility, I'm sure that love is the cause for this.

I am not a dog lover. I thought I was just being responsible to take a good care of our pet. But when he was sick, I learned that love is absolutely unconditional. We can love something or someone who does not have the capacity to love us back.

If we understand the God's love is the most beautiful gift in our lives, then this love we have can also be the most precious gift that we can give to others.

Shahlohm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment