Sunday, January 15, 2012

Idleness

Today is about dealing with idleness. Idleness is about not working or not in use, running without applying power, passing time aimlessly. Being idle happens between stages in your life. You can be in-between jobs, relationships, or dreams. You feel like you’re living to same day over and over like in Groundhog Day. It’s difficult to sit idle without going mad. It becomes incredibly difficult to keep your spirit up. 

So how do you deal with idleness in your life? Find a plan for the next stage. When there’s a lull in my schedule, I always keep busy by planning the next stage of my life. I’m always looking for future homes. I create business places for future business. I create a life plan for myself so I’m not drifting through life aimlessly. 

The best thing about idleness is that it gives you an opportunity to truly think about what you are & you are going without pressure. Some of the best ideas come when I’m not under duress, or some crazy timeframe. It’s hard to maintain and think creatively when you’re grindin’. Grindin’ is when you implementing your ideas, idleness is when you conceptualize them. 

So today: thank God for the idle times. It gives you a rare opportunity to think without pressure about what you really want in your life. 

O Lord, thank you for this day. Thank you for the idle times because they help me to organize my thoughts and dreams. Allow me to stay focused and mindful while on the path of righteousness. In the name of Yeshua Hamasiah. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment