Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Gift of Family

We can't choose the family into which we are born. We can't choose our father, mother and siblings. When the time comes for us to start our own family, then we'll have the chance to choose. We can choose who will be our spouse (and I'm grateful to live in the time and place where I have the right to do so). Then later when we have children, we won't be able to choose who our descendants will be.

There are people whom God has entrusted in our lives, for us to have and to hold.

The people who are closest to us, whether we chose them or not, these are the people whom God has entrusted to us to honor and to love.

Family is God's gift that I value the most. My parents, my bothers, my sister, my sister&brother-in law and my nephews are the people who accept and love me as I am.

Mother Theresa once said that love begins in the family, love begins by the people closest to us at home.

So, if we are talking about changing the world and making it a better place to live, we should start with the closest ones: our own family.

Love extravagantly.
Enjoy life abundantly.
Never cease to cherish the people who are dearest to us.
These are the best gifts we can give to the world.
Shahlohm..

2 comments: