Sunday, March 6, 2011

What is Happiness?

Yeah, what is happiness anyway?

Everybody is searching for something that will make them happy in life. Something that makes their life complete. Some people get happy because they have material things, some because they have power in certain position, some because they have great salary, a beautiful girlfriend or wife, or husband, some because they have a big house and servants, some because they have a chance to minister in some famous ministry, some because they're in love, etc etc..

But if our happiness depends on things we have, then so many people will never be happy in their lives.

Happiness is a state of mind. Something that you declare in your mind. Something that you decide to have in your life today, when you wake up in the morning every day . It's not depend on what you have or don't have. It's a decision.

Right now, I'm happy cos people around me are happy. If they're happy, I'm happy too. If my family is happy, I'm happy too. If my friends are happy, I'm happy for them too. I'm not looking for happiness from this world cos my joy comes from the LORD, but I'm simply happy because people around me are blessed, their dreams are coming true, their wishes are granted, their prayers are answered and they smile every time I see them.

A friend once said, "The LORD says time and chance happens to every person. Everyone gets their special moments and blessings".

I think he's right. The LORD is just.  
Everything is beautiful at its time. (Ecclesiastes 3)
Someday my turn will come. Soon.

Every day, when I wake up in the morning, I decide to be happy regardless what I feel physically. My physical pain won't stop me to be happy and joyful every day. It's not easy, but I try hard everyday until it become my habit.

Still the LORD is my source of joy everyday. And I'm blessed to have Him as my source of happiness in life.

Shahlohm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment